Walkthrough of all story missions in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Conditions of Failure
|Unlocks||Final Destination, Shadow, Gun Shops|
|Unlocked by||Crime and Punishment|
|Necessary to Achieve 100%||Yes|
- Dimitri died
- Dimitri was left in the porn shop
- Joseph wasn’t shot
- Owners were killed before the deal
You’ll have to take Dimitri to the sex shop and let him make a deal, then buy a gun for yourself.
Get a car, then take Dimitri to the sex shop on Delaware Avenue. There he will try to make a deal with the owners and will tell you to shoot one of them in the leg. Make sure you just shoot one bullet so that the owner gets hurt. If you shoot him too much, then he will die, and the mission will fail.
Then, after the deal takes place, Dimitri will knock the other owner off. Here, you can choose to kill the guys or leave them, doing either won’t have any effect on the story, so you’re free to do as you wish.
After that, Dimitri will tell you that he has a gift for you and will take you to a gun shop. Surprisingly unlike other GTAs before and after, there is no Ammunation in GTA 4 and its DLCs. It is really weird as Ammunation was present in GTA 3 and GTA: Chinatown Wars which are both based in Liberty City, and the one speculation is that Lost MC might have had control over the gun shops back in 2008 when GTA 4 was set in, this also makes sense as the shop owners look like they belong to a biker club.
After you go to the gun shop, buy a Micro-SMG, then exit the gun shop. After that, take Dimitri back to Faustin’s house to complete the mission.
- After leaving the sex shop, if the player takes Dimitri to either one of the bridges leading to Algonquin and tries to explore it, the player will get the normal six-star wanted level, but there won’t be any police choppers that swarm.
- Brett must be shot in the leg in order for the mission to progress. Shooting him in the arm will lead to a mission failure (even if the shot wasn’t lethal).
- Killing the gun shop owner will lead to mission failure.
- If the player has obtained a Micro-SMG before buying it, they will get 200 rounds instead of 50.
- If Dimitri dies after the gun is purchased, when the mission is restarted, the gun will still be in the player’s inventory along with any of the guns’ ammunition that was purchased.
Video walkthrough: youtu.be/98kZInPJfTM.